cupsd locking up system during boot - targeted mode

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 01:56:21 UTC 2004

I just joined up to the list because I just enabled SELinux.

The first thing that I did was to boot up the system in permissive mode,
strict policy and into runlevel 1. I then ran fixfiles relabel at the
prompt.

I then changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux to reflect enforcing and use the
targeted policy.

Anyway, I ended up recieving the repeated error below. I posted to the
test list and was guided to this list as more appropriate.

This error looped and kept printing to the screen until I finally hit
the ctl-alt-del key to reboot the system. I then came back into the
system using selinux=0 when the grub prompt was presented.

Aug 17 21:01:59 cornette-fc2 kernel: audit(1092790919.215:0): avc:
denied  { associate } for  pid=3665 exe=/usr/sbin/cupsd name=0
scontext=user_u:object_r:unlabeled_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:fs_t
tclass=filesystem

I had avc errors recorded in the /var/log/messages using the strict and
targeted policies.  I'll submit them later through bugzilla.

Jim