Upgrading to policy-strict RPM's

Kirk Vogelsang kvogelsa at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jul 7 19:38:32 UTC 2004

I've got slimmed down Fedora Core2 that doesn't seem to want to
enable selinux after rpm -U'ing the following packages:

policycoreutils-1.14.1-1
selinux-policy-strict-1.14.1-2
libselinux-1.14.1-1

After upgrading to those packages, booting to single user,
running fixfiles relabel, and rebooting once more, the system
comes up selinux disabled.  I've verified /etc/selinux/config
SELINUX=permissive and SELINUXTYPE=strict.  /etc/sysconfig/selinux
sym-links to /etc/selinux/config.  Policy resides in
/etc/selinux/strict/policy/.  Stock FC2 kernel, 2.6.5-1.358smp.
I've tried appending selinux in grub as well, to no avail.

What minute detail am I missing?

-----
Kirk M. Vogelsang <kvogelsa at ccs.neu.edu>
Northeastern University College of Computer Science