FC3... install/update ?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 8 17:54:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 13:29, Tom London wrote:
>> With FC3 about to descend, anyone know if updates
>> from FC2 will be supported?  Only clean installs?
>
> Are updates ever "supported"?  In any event, I've been tracking rawhide
> regularly via yum update so far, and haven't had any significant
> problems.

*theoretically*, you should be able to update.  the rules are really
quite simple -- technically, you should be able to update from any
*official* release to a subsequent release (within reason, of course),
whether that subsequent release is real or test.  think about it --
FC3t1 is supposed to represent the first pass at FC3.  so i'm sure the
FC folks would really like some people to at least take a shot at the
update, to help work the bugs out.

just back up first. :-)

rday