avc denied messages from boot

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Mon Jul 12 15:04:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 07:30, Frank Marsolais wrote:
> I found the following in the archives.
> I upgraded from rh7.2 to 9.0 to fedora 2.
>
> When I put in rpm -q policy policy-sources
> I received back
> # rpm -q policy policy-sources
> policy-1.11.3-3
> package policy-sources is not installed
>
> Should I download policy-sources or is something else broken?
> For the -12 policy would that be 1.12 or 1.9.2-12?

>From the (truncated) log messages, it looked like you might not have
labeled your filesystems.  In single-user mode, run 'fixfiles relabel',
then try rebooting.

I'd also suggest uncommenting the development entry in your
/etc/yum.conf, adding some mirrors, and doing a 'yum upgrade' to pull in
the latest SELinux code and policy.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency