FC3... install/update ?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Mon Jul 12 15:18:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:59, Jonathan Rawle wrote:
> Presumably SELinux will only be installed with fresh FC3 installs, or
> upgrades from FC2 with SELinux?
>
> The default for FC2 was not to enable SELinux, so most people won't get
> SELinux when they upgrade to FC3 unless they do a fresh install.
> (This was the case with the graphical boot in the upgrade to FC1 from RH9 -
> a trivial matter by comparison, but it generated a lot of discussion on the
> list of the type "Where is the graphical boot"...)

I think that this is true, but am not certain.  I would expect the
following behavior:
1) Upgrade from FC2/non-SELinux => stays non-SELinux
2) Upgrade from FC2/SELinux => stays SELinux, but replaces policy with
selinux-policy-strict.
3) Fresh install => defaults to SELinux with selinux-policy-targeted,
but selectable at install time

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency