Installing the new policy

Thomas Molina tmolina at cablespeed.com
Thu Jun 3 10:34:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> You need an updated libselinux, policycoreutils, and SysVinit in
> addition to selinux-policy-strict or selinux-policy-targeted.  And you
> need to relabel to get the right types on the /etc/selinux tree.

Now I am confused.  I did yum search selinux and got:

Available package: selinux-doc.noarch 0:1.10-1 from base matches with
 SELinux documentation
Available package: selinux-doc.noarch 0:1.10-1 from base matches with
 selinux-doc
Available package: policy-strict-sources.noarch 0:1.11.3-3 from base
matches with
 SELinux example policy configuration source files
Available package: libselinux-devel.i386 0:1.11.4-1 from base matches with
 Header files and libraries used to build SELinux
Available package: libselinux-devel.i386 0:1.11.4-1 from base matches with
 libselinux-devel
5 results returned

There is a policy-strict-sources, but no selinux-policy-strict or
selinux-policy-targeted.  I don't have an /etc/selinux directory, and I
don't have some of the other things you assume I should have.  What I do
have is:

[tmolina at dad tmolina]$ rpm -qa|grep selinux
libselinux-1.11.4-1
[tmolina at dad tmolina]$ rpm -qa|grep policy
policy-1.11.3-3
checkpolicy-1.10-1
policycoreutils-1.11-2
policy-sources-1.11.3-3

I also did a yum install policy\* as the other person did, so I am not
sure what happened.  Fedora Core 2 was inadvertently not installed with
the recommended selinux, it was updated later and relabeled.  Where are
the referenced rpms?  My system is stock in that regard and points at the
default yum/up2date repositories.

Should I reinstall from scratch, or can I find and install the "right"
stuff from this point?