Enabling SELinux (was Re: How to make SELinux in Fedora work?)

Park Lee parklee_fcsel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 17:11:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:42:35 ,Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>No,  Relabel will not work in a Non SELinux kernel.

But there are 2 items in The UnOfficial SELinux FAQ— http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/faq.html :

I upgraded my SELinux kernel to a new version and now I get lots of errors on booting, what went wrong?
Bad things happen if you upgrade your kernel to a newer version which has an incompatible policy with the previous version. You probably forgot to install the policy and/or relabel the filesystems before booting the new version. Boot your system from a non-SELinux kernel and go back and do these things.

If one of those messages is "login[1007]: UNABLE TO GET VALID SID FOR root"
The SID table is mangled. Try logging in using a different method ( such as connecting over SSH ), otherwise you will need to recover by booting a non-SELinux kernel, then relabel the filesystem and reload the policy ( make reset and make load ).

Then, what are those means?
Does they mean that relabel can work in a non-SELinux kernel?

yours,
Park Lee
2004-06-03