How to properly upgrade policy

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 16:26:33 UTC 2004

These are VERY nice changes, automating what I've been doing manually.

An observation: the package 'install' process has gotten much better
with file
contexts.

Any thoughts on automating the assignment of file contexts to the
files created by package scripts (e.g., /boot/grub/grub.conf, depmod files,
/etc/selinux/config, ...)? Would be nice to have a 'SELinux package
description' that describes the package's desired/default contexts. That
would allow inspection prior to install, tools to check consistency with
installed file_contexts, etc. 'rpm -q --filecontext' is almost
it.  Any way to add the other stuff to it, or something like it?

tom

[Sorry if this is old hat....]