prelink and yum conflict

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 15:01:27 UTC 2004

Stephen Smalley wrote:

>Sounds reasonable.  libselinux would presumably fetch the context of the
>interpreter/helper via getfilecon(), then call security_compute_create()
>to see if there is a default transition defined for the
>interpreter/helper, and if not, then explicitly setexeccon() to
>rpm_script_t.  Might want to also pass the result of the signature
>verify as a further input in selecting the desired domain.

Do you want just result or do you want {plaintext,signature,pubkey} triple?

I suppose a simple container struct with both could be arranged,
something like

struct {
    int verifiedreturncode;   /* 0 == OK, 1 == notfound(unused), 2 ==
verifyfail, 3 == nottrusted 4 == nokey */
    byte * plaintext;
    size_t plaintextlen;
    enum pktencodingtype   /* OpenPGP, X.509, whatever */
    byte * signature;
    size_t signaturelen
    byte * pubkey;
    size_t pubkeylen;
};

starts to permit reasonably paranoid libselinux extensions into the land
of signature verification.

Yes, there are a slew of issues involving algorithms and parsing and
more that selinux perhaps
does not want to bite into quite yet.

73 de Jeff