Adobe Reader 7

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Sat Apr 9 18:00:43 UTC 2005

On Sat 4/9/2005 8:15 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 07:40 +0000, Fred New wrote:
>
> > Is this a correct and accepted way of dealing with this without
> > installing the policy sources?
>
> What denials were you getting?  We don't presently confine user logins
> with SELinux, so Adobe Reader should not have been affected.

Unfortunately, this problem seems to be "dontaudited"; I don't
see anything in /var/log/messages.  If I run it from a terminal,
I see

[fred at darth ~]$ /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/acroread
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libJP2K.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
[fred at darth ~]$

But Adobe Reader runs if I go into permissive mode or if I make the
context changes previously mentioned.

The restorecon command leaves everything with a type of usr_t.
I installed Adobe Reader by expanding the tar.gz file as a normal
user and running the INSTALL script as root.

Fred