selinux

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Wed Dec 7 15:21:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 10:15 +0100, lamia.h at wanadoo.tn wrote:

> Hello
>
>  I'm very interested in SELinux. I'm a beginner of SELinux.
>
>  I have installed Linux Fedora core 1. To test the installation and
> configuration of selinux, I need to download the files :
>
> linux-2.4-2003120509.tgz
>
> selinux-usr-2003120509.tgz
>
> but I couldn't find them inNSA's web site
> (http://www.nsa.gov/selinux).

Two problems:
1) Fedora Core 1 is very old, only supported by Fedora Legacy at this
point and had a 2.4-based kernel.
2) The files you list above were a very old release of SELinux (December
2003), and are no longer available (you could download the last snapshot
from the historical versions of SELinux page, but it isn't supported and
it is likely to take a lot of work to get it up and running properly).

Much easier to just install a modern version of Fedora (3 or later) that
comes with SELinux already integrated.   At this point, Fedora Core 4 is
your best bet, as FC3 is likely to get transferred to Fedora Legacy by
the end of this year IIUC (when FC5 test2 comes out later this month).

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency