Making httpd work with trac and svn

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Mon Dec 12 16:47:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using httpd, trac, and svn on FC4 with svnmailer providing svn
commit notifications.

I've found I have to add the following local policies to allow this
combination to work:

# Needed to allow httpd to send ticket notifications via
# direct connection to smtp port as httpd user
allow httpd_t smtp_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;
# Needed to allow svnmailer to execute and send commit notifications
# using sendmail as httpd user
allow httpd_t trac_var_t:file execute;
allow httpd_t trac_var_t:file execute_no_trans;
allow restorecon_t devpts_t:chr_file getattr;
allow httpd_t sbin_t:lnk_file read;

Is there a better way to do this, i.e. without adding these missing TEs?

R.