how does rpm work under Selinux

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Jun 1 22:29:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:31:10 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> That was the original approach during FC2 development, but was later
> dropped.  With multiple policies (strict, targeted, mls, ...), including
> potential customization by end users, it became problematic.

Oh, OK. When binary policy modules appear maybe it would be useful
to do it again so third party RPMs can be a part of the SELinux
world.

At the moment the focus seems to be on totally centralised policy for
everything the user might want to run (or be secured) ... I can't see this
scaling as SELinux enters the mainstream.

thanks -mike