web-controlled system

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 06:08:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 10:16 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 17:46 +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Friday 03 June 2005 17:27, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

> > > I'd imagine that by exercising the daemon in all ways possible, and
> > > keeping an eye on syslog at the same time, I should be able to figure
> > > out what needs to be permitted in the policy, right?
> >
> > Correct.
>
> <sigh> I wish there was a concrete example somewhere on how to do that.
> It's not like SELinux doesn't have any docs at all but... So many things
> to do, so little time...

You might have seen this, or not:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide/selg-chapter-0071.html

It's very generic and high-level.  I'm very interested in real world
experiences trying to use those how-to instructions.  Other
methodologies and experiences are also interesting.  You can file a
bugzilla report[1] with any details you want to share.  This is an area
of the SELinux Guide that people are asking for improvement on, and it
would be nice to have more concrete details to work from.

- Karsten

[1] Follow the directions here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-guide/s1-intro-more-to-come.html

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide