selinux & external hd permissions.

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:28:20 UTC 2005

Currently I have a server with a raid 5 for my wifes photography
backups and some other stuff I keep.  I want to get an exteranl hd
like a LaCie 500GB firewire/usb for backup of that file system for
extra safety.

Question is, if that server is running SELinux on CentOS 4.0 and I
back stuff up to that exteranl drive, will other box's be able to read
that exteranl drive?  In the chance that hardware fails and I need to
be able to look at that data on another box?

Or, would it just be better to format the external with fat32 or
something my wife can use her box to pull the data off?