problem connecting to a sql server (httpd / php / freetds )

Riccardo Penco r.penco at scasinet.com
Fri Jun 24 07:58:22 UTC 2005

Hi all,

It's the first time I write to this list, I'm absolutely not a SELinux
expert, so I apologize if my question is poor (and for my english).

I'm running a server with FC3 (fully updated).
I wrote php scripts which connect to a MS-SQL Server 2k with FreeTDS (I
installed the binary downloaded from http://phprpms.sf.net).
They worked right.
This morning (after a reboot of the Linux server), the scripts can no
longer connect to the sql server; in /var/log/messages appear these avc
lines when I try to connect:

kernel: audit(1119598362.919:0): avc:  denied  { connect } for  pid=3571
exe=/usr/sbin/httpd scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t
tcontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t tclass=tcp_socket

Can anybody help me understand where is the problem?

Thank You very much
Riki