unable to login

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 03:35:46 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, rich turner <rich at storix.com> wrote:
> i am attempting to login as a normal user (fedora core 4) but am
> receiving the following error message:
>
> su[1697]:Warning! Could not relabel /dev/console with
> user_u:object_r:console_su:/bin/bash:Permission denied
>
> this does not happen when i login as root or when i "setenforce 0".
>
> anyone have any ideas?

I admit that I don't know what the issue is, but I would suggest the
following:  get root access on the machine (wether you need to disable
SELinux for that or not for a root login, I don't know), touch
/.autorelabel, and reboot.

This will ensure that every file on your system is labeled with the
correct SELinux security context.  It will be easier to move forward
from there with troubleshooting if your environment is in a known
state.

--
Chris

"With the way things are starting to go in this country, if forced to
choose between being caught with a van full of pirated DVDs or heroin
you'd actually have to pause and think about it." -- Michael Bell,
drunkenblog.com