senlinux configuration, are you sure it's the right way?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Thu Mar 31 16:39:12 UTC 2005

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
  > Also from Red Hat's perspective having policy sources installed
gives us
> major headaches for support.  If users start moving
> files into/out of unused directories, things are going to start
> breaking.  We don't want some support call because someone decided
> to try out the latest wizbang policy, and it broke their ABC

this can happend now with /etc/selinux directory too...

> Application.  Also policy sources requires a full build environment to
> work.
> Make, M4, checkpolicy ...  On a minimal install machine this is a big
> overhead.

i see, that's a bigger problem:-(((
so the only solution that package creator should have this enviroment
and he has to include binary application specific policy in the binary
rpm. which currently can't be added/loaded into the system (could it?).
so we have to wait for trsys:-(((