[patch] CUPS 1.2 SELinux policy changes...

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Nov 21 20:31:34 UTC 2005

Joe Nall wrote:
> DoD is not the only set of US rules (DCID 6/3 vs DoD 8500) and other
> nations have their own rules. If possible, I would certainly like to see
> real multilevel printer support. Anything less will be a step backwards
> for our users.

Well, like I said, we'll accept patches to support more SELinux
stuff.  At this point, we have no plans or desire to support
multiple default classification levels within a single cupsd
instance, but adding the ability to tag print documents with the
appropriate classification level will be useful for some customers.

There is also the issue of passing classification info securely over
a network connection to another system - is there any mechanism/API
within SELinux right now that we could use for this purpose?