Getting "Inappropriate ioctl" :during initrd stage of booting.

Aggarwal, VikasX vikasx.aggarwal at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 03:27:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

  Please tell if  there is a way to turn off the selinux  after  full
installation but before first boot.

  I have a daemon which needs to do ioctl during initrd.

  daemon + related-driver  is already inserted into a new-initrd.

  Daemon can do ioctl during  normal operation of a running machine, but
will get  "Inappropriate ioctl for device /dev/iscsictl"  if built into
initrd.

  Its just a control interface to a software iscsi driver and  daemon
needs to pass some handler during initrd stage.

  I already tried passing  selinux=0, enforcing=0, disable=1. But looks
the selinux policy to disallow ioctl  during initrd is built in kernel.

  I have little knowledge in this area.  Will appreciate any ideas for
workaround.

thanks

-vikas