SELinux support in awstats RPM

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Apr 9 15:17:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 17:02 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Shouldn't you remove the local policy customisation in %postun though?
>
> Well, I wonder. The database files will be left over after uninstall,
> because we don't want to loose that data, so should I not leave the proper
> file context definition as well ?
> I guess I'll remove the customization for the cgi-bin, this one is removed.

The existing data files should all have the right context already, and
they'd only lose that context if the system was relabelled.

It could be a problem though if the package was deleted, the system got
relabelled and then the package was reinstalled. That would leave the
database files there and having the wrong context, so the
newly-installed program wouldn't be able to write to them. So it's
probably wise to leave that part of the policy in place as you say.

Paul.