FC4 documentation for apache + selinux ?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jan 7 01:03:23 UTC 2006

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>>> And what on earth does "Enforcing current Disabled" mean
>>> when I click the SELinux tag?

> This indicates selinux is disabled on this machine.

Sorry to be awkward, but if "Enforcing current   Disabled"
means "SELinux disabled",
would it not be simpler to say this?

> If you want to turn
> on SELinux, you need to install selinux-targeted-policy
> Make sure /etc/selinux/config has
> SELINUX=enforcing (Or Permissive)
> and
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
> Also make sure you don't have selinux=0 in /etc/grub.conf
>
> touch /.autorelabel and reboot.

Thanks for the advice, which I'll try to follow.
It strikes me as a funny way to implement a program, though.

Actually, my /etc/selinux/config does have

SELINUX=enforcing
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

and there is no mention of selinux in grub.conf .
(But I'm glad to know I could put it there.)

But I do not find any selinux-targeted-policy rpm.
How exactly does one install this?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366