FC4 documentation for apache + selinux ?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Jan 7 10:45:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 01:03 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > touch /.autorelabel and reboot.
>
> Thanks for the advice, which I'll try to follow.
> It strikes me as a funny way to implement a program, though.

This causes all the files on your system to be labelled with the default
security context at the next reboot. It could take quite a while to do.

> Actually, my /etc/selinux/config does have
>
> SELINUX=enforcing
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
>
> and there is no mention of selinux in grub.conf .
> (But I'm glad to know I could put it there.)

These are OK but didn't work because of the missing policy package.

> But I do not find any selinux-targeted-policy rpm.
> How exactly does one install this?

It's selinux-policy-targeted, and it's on CD1 of the FC4 distribution,
but you'd be better off installing the latest version from
updates-released using yum. Do this before the relabel.

Paul.