dbus error message

srinivasa srinivasa at in.ibm.com
Wed Jan 18 06:09:42 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 05:41 -0800, Steve G wrote:
> >I just wanted to know,why this error message is getting generated and
> >how to fix it out.

Thanks Steve for your reply,but what I feel is,if these messages are due
to CAP_AUDIT_WRITE capability problem then,adding this line to policy
would have fixed the problem but that was not happening.

allow initrc_t self:capability { audit_write audit_control };

> It would appear that dbus does not have CAP_AUDIT_WRITE permissions - which is
> why the message takes the form it does.

> However, the messages are just normal SE
> Linux policy load messages. To me, the question is do you just get a couple of
> these or does it fill the logs with it? If you just get a couple, all is well. If
> its filling your logs, then we should look into it more.

These meesages sometimes fills log,and appears on execution of
setenforce,make load and some selinux command.