Kernel 2.6.14-1.1653 & selinux 1.27.1.-2.16

G Jahchan SeLinux at Compucenter.org
Fri Jan 27 10:36:18 UTC 2006

I have been desperately trying to get selinux strict policy to work on my
laptop to no avail. I have been using a strict policy in enforcing mode for a
long time, but since I upgraded to the kernel / selinux versions listed below,
when in enforcing mode, the policy causes authentication to fail from the
console (my default runlevel is 3).

Even though I have the following statements in my custom.te under
/etc/selinux/strict/src/policy/domains/misc/

allow kernel_t sysadm_t:process transition;
allow kernel_t sysadm_tty_device_t:chr_file { relabelfrom relabelto };
allow sysadm_t sysadm_t:process transition;

I keep getting corresponding 'avc: denied' events in the audit log.

Kernel auditing is enabled at boot time (audit=1 kernel switch) and the audit
daemon is set to run at boot time.

I am using:
kernel-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
selinux-policy-strict-sources-1.27.1-2.16

How can I go about fixing this issue?