does selinux work with non-fedora package ?

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Mon Jan 30 14:37:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 08:16 +0700, ody quraviharto wrote:
> hi all,
> I am a Fedora newbie interesting in selinux. here are some questions
>
> 1. does selinux work well with reiserfs filesystem ?

Not presently.  Support for using reiserfs xattrs with SELinux went into
Linux 2.6.12, but a change in Linux 2.6.14 to support atomic security
labeling of new inodes broke it again.  Getting it working again
shouldn't be too difficult, but requires someone who cares to either
make a patch and submit it to the reiserfs maintainers or to nag them
until they do it themselves.

> 2. does selinux work well with postgresql rpm packages I downloaded
> from postgresql site ?

It _should_, although there may be some variations in where the upstream
packages put their files or their configuration that may require
adjustment to the SELinux policy.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency