swapfile is not automatically enabled

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:30:03 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 02:11 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:58:41 +0100,
> >   Dawid Gajownik <gajownik at fedora.pl> wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW maybe mailman should be configured to always send replies to
> > > fedora-selinux-list (like on other fedora-*-lists)? I quite often forget
> > > to hit "Reply All" button ;)
> >
> > The normal way to respond to lists is using reply all.
> >
> > The other lists are the ones that are broken. (Fortunately it isn't
> > too hard to strip off the reply-to headers, but the lists still break
> > the normal use of the reply-to headers.)
>
> The other fedora lists appear to munge the Reply-To: header such that
> the list address is added to any existing Reply-To: header if present,
> thus honouring the intent of the poster's Reply-To: header.

I think it all comes down to different societal etiquettes. I have
seen this a lot in mergers of organizations and companies. Both sides
claim that the proper way to run mailling lists is either to
"Reply-To-All" by mailling list or manually. They each come up with
straw men arguments since there doesnt seem to be a IETF RFC on
mailing list management.

I personally find it all to be at the level of religous arguments
about how many times to genuflect and at what. Misses the whole
purpose and just causes people to figure out who their "clan" is.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator