Disable for java?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri May 5 06:11:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 18:44 -0700, Fred Harris wrote:
> Is there any way to disable selinux for java?  I tried
> chcon -t java_exec_t  /opt/java
>
> which I found searching around, and that didn't work.
>
> The problem I'm having is that I'm getting a million messages
> complaining about "execmem", I guess having something to
> do with accessing shared memory.  I'm trying to run Tomcat
> and get about 100 messages per minute, so I'm faced
> with either turning off selinux completely, turning off
> the error logging on selinux, or turning off selinux
> for java specifically.

Are these "denial" or "granted" messages? I believe the "granted"
messages were turned off in an FC5 policy update - is your system up to
date regarding the SELinux packages?

> I'm running the latest Sun Java version.

You might also try installing Sun Java using the "JPackage method",
which doesn't install the files under /opt:

http://www.city-fan.org/tips/JpackageJava

Paul.