FC5: Problem with acroread and CISCO VPN

Stephan Groß st.gross at gmx.de
Tue May 9 18:36:48 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 12:22, Paul Howarth wrote:

> >> Have you moved root's home directory from /root to somewhere under /opt?
> >
> > No, its still in /root. I only have the Brockhaus Multimedia Encyclopedia
> > (the german answer to MS Encarte) installed that registers a user bmm
> > having its home directory in /opt/bmm. However, I just checked that /opt
> > is of type home_root_t and all of its subdirectories are of type
> > user_home_dir_t. Should I change any of these settings?
>
> Moving its home directory to somewhere under /home might help.

I finally found a solution for that issue. Changing the bmm users login shell
to /sbin/nologin (he must not login anyway) did the trick. Then I ran
a /usr/sbin/genhomedircon to generate a
new /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs. Now Adobe
Acroread works like a charm (using selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.36-2.fc5).

Stephan.