selinux prelink avc's (broken paths in policy?)

Christopher Ashworth cashworth at tresys.com
Wed May 24 15:32:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 16:20 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> So in other words, in the event of a tie, the one nearest the bottom of
> the list (in the file_contexts file or the output of "semanage fcontext
> -l") is determined to be the most specific and that one wins. Is that right?

When I do "semanage fcontext -l" I don't get an ordered listing (so this
does not appear to be correct in that case), but yes, this is correct
for the file_contexts file.

It would be ideal to make the algorithm do a proper sort based on strict
regular expression subsets, but this is non-trivial and these heuristics
work pretty well.

Chris