FC5, SELinux strict, and kickstart

David Nedrow dnedrow at usa.net
Tue Oct 10 13:23:13 UTC 2006

Has anyone successfully installed FC5 while specifying the strict
policy via kickstart?

I've made the changes recommended in the FC5 SELinux FAQ (adding %
package entry for selinux-policy-strict and lokkit/touch lines to
kickstart), but when the system boots everything seems to hang. If I
boot permissive, I see a ton of entries in the audit log that appear
to relate to virtually every step of the boot process.

The odd thing is, if I install manually from the DVD, everything
works fine. It's only when I try an automated network build that
things seem to fall apart.

Does this question more properly belong to the kickstart list?

Any help will be appreciated.

-David