FC5, SELinux strict, and kickstart

Shintaro Fujiwara shin216 at xf7.so-net.ne.jp
Tue Oct 10 14:32:50 UTC 2006

I run a server on strict policy.

I tell you what I did.
First you should put your network plug off.
And set permissive strict.
And you should make a module by /var/log/messages
And reboot.
Then you should make a module by audit.log
You should make a module every service, because
you want to make it strict.

I suggest you to make it Enforcing and every time
you get denied messages, you allow one by one.
You can consule SELinux FAQ or Mr. Dan Walsh's blog.

I struggled on cron for a month, but you can
consult interfaces conserning cron.
I advise you take advantage on interfaces.
Patience is all you need.
You will be rewarded.

Anyway, strict policy I heard not tested well,
so, if you succeeded, please let us know.

I somehow managed apache,mysql,postgresql,
dns,no-ip(my original)...
And remember no one can complain what you did.
Security is a private issue but don't bother anybody.

2006-10-10 (火) の 09:23 -0400 に David Nedrow さんは書きました: