xen, selinux, FC5

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Fri Oct 13 15:48:16 UTC 2006

Robin Bowes wrote:
> On other problem I've noticed is that the xendomains init script didn't
> start the domains at boot, or from the command-line. I've copied the new
> one from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=120075
> but I was seeing this error:
>
> # service xendomains start
> Starting auto Xen domains:Error: Disk isn't accessible
>
> This is the context of that file:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:initrc_exec_t  xendomains
>
> I copied xendomains to xendomains.new so it has this context:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  root root root:object_r:etc_t              xendomains.new
>
> And the script now works.
>
> Again, is this the (or a) correct fix? Any security problems with this?

Hmmm. xendomains is not starting the guest instances at reboot.

I see this error in send.log:

[2006-10-13 16:34:28 xend] ERROR (XendBootloader:36) Disk isn't accessible

I also get new AVC msgs:

allow xm_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file read;

When I add this to the policy file, i.e.:

class blk_file read;
type fixed_disk_device_t;
type xm_t;
allow xm_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file read;

I get this error when loading the compiled policy:

# semodule -i $xen.pp
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow
xm_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { read };
libsepol.check_assertions: 1 assertion violations occured
libsemanage.semanage_expand_sandbox: Expand module failed
semodule:  Failed!

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks,

R.