How should I run genfscon in my module?

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:37:57 UTC 2006

Dnia 10/29/2006 05:16 PM, Użytkownik Joshua Brindle napisał:
> Modules do not allow genfscon statements, the grammar of modules is a
>  subset of the base policy grammar.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll need to modify policy-selinux SRPM then.

> However, is this filesystem slated for upstream kernel?

 From what I read on upstream project page¹, it will be merged into
ntfsprogs package. I don't know what will happen then with ntfs module
included in kernel.

> If so it should be added to refpolicy anyway, it would get the nfs_t
>  type though, instead of dosfs_t

nfs_t? Well, in current policy ntfs filesystem type is marked as dosfs_t
type so I don't see a reason to mark ntfs-3g in a different way. ntfs-3g
is "just" a ntfs with write access² ;-)

Regards,
	Dawid

¹ http://www.linux-ntfs.org/