MySQL custom datadir location - other daemons too

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Apr 20 23:55:59 UTC 2007

(re-sending reply to mailing list, Reply-To is broken for this list)

Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

> It seems you're moving /var/lib/mysql to /db/mysql

true

I've found that if I mount /db like this, SELinux does not complain anymore:

mount -o defcontext=system_u:object_r:var_t /db

The new problem is, if I put defcontext=... in /etc/fstab, for some
reason /db errors out when the system boots up and tries to mount it, so
/db ends up not mounted.

> But, I'm quite uncertain on how to map your tmpdir and basedir.

tmpdir=/db/tmp/
basedir=/db

> What where the original location of these ?

tmpdir=/tmp/
basedir=/var/lib

--
Florin Andrei