MySQL custom datadir location - other daemons too

Jan-Frode Myklebust mykleb at no.ibm.com
Sat Apr 21 10:09:06 UTC 2007

On 2007-04-21, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

>> 	# Add new labeling rule:
>> 	/usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t mysqld_db_t "/db/mysql(/.*)?"
>
> Which files are modified by this command, and will the changes persist
> after updates will be released (and applied) for the selinux RPMs?

The new rule is added to /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local
and will persist after upgrades of mysql/selinux.

> I guess I should run semanage for /db/tmp as well?

I think you will get away with simply labelling /db/ as mysqld_db_t:

	/usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t mysqld_db_t "/db(/.*)?"
	restorecon -R /db

> # grep /db /etc/fstab
> LABEL=/db /db ext3 defcontext=system_u:object_r:var_t:s0 1 2

That doesn't look right to me.. I think you should label it mysqld_db_t,
not var_t. mysqld_db_t should mean only mysql will have access to these
files and directories, while var_t is much more open. Lots of apps
probably have access to var_t.

But -- you should probably do either mount option, or "semanage fcontext".
No need to do both.

   -jf