ldconfig denials during mock builds

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Aug 7 07:03:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:10:46 -0400
Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:

> Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Is your buildsys also running on rawhide?
>
> No, sorry for not including the details.  I'm running F7 and building
> packages in mock for rawhide.  I haven't tested whether building
> packages for F7 or another version causes this as well, since noticing
> it.  It just started happening recently, AFAICT.  I'll have to test a
> few more packages and see if they all cause it.  (It may require the
> mock chroot to be updated, though the way rawhide churns that should
> happen on a daily basis. :)
>
> > Are you not using the mock policy module from
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/MockTricks ?
>
> No, I'm not.  I hadn't noticed a need to use the mock module
> previously.  Thanks for pointing it out though.  Is it likely to be
> necessary in most cases?
>
> I've built packages for rawhide in mock on F7 previously without
> needing the module or getting these errors.  The apparent change in
> behavior seemed like a possible indication of some other problem.

I wrote the module back in FC5 times when SELinux prevented builds
of mono-based packages in mock with the default setup, and it's "just
worked" ever since. I'm building packages for rawhide in mock on an F7
host and I'm not seeing these issues, so I think it's worth a try.
SELinux and chroots don't mix terribly well really, at least for large
chroots like mock uses.

Paul.