Strict policy on FC6 and F7

Louis Lam lshoujun at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 09:35:07 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

For RHEL5, I've upgraded the selinux policy rpms to version 2.4.6-79. I've updated only the
following rpms

selinux-policy
selinux-policy-devel
selinux-policy-targeted
selinux-policy-strict

But I left the libselinux libraries alone since the rpm upgrade went through without complains. I
can't use YUM because my system is not directly connected to the internet.

But I'm still faced with the problem of not being able to logon as root at runlevel 5, gui login.
Do I still need the login.te module? Or is it advisable to upgrade the selinux libraries as well?

Thanks,
Louis