Hierarchy for sensitivity levels

Forrest Taylor ftaylor at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 21:42:33 UTC 2007

I am teaching class this week and I had an interesting question from a
student.  We were discussing sensitivities and categories, and a student
wondered about the hierarchical nature of sensitivities and categories.
Assuming that s0 is unclassified, s1 is classified, s2 is secret and s3
is top secret, and s0<s1<s2<s3.  If I have access to s3, I assume that
you also have access to s2, s1, s0.  Is there a way to throw categories
in here so that users who have access to s3 do not necessarily have
access to all of s2 and lower?

Thanks,

Forrest