Intel Network card does not work on SELinux?

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 18:25:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 02:03 +0900, Shintaro Fujiwara wrote:
> Hi, I'm having trouble on SELinux, I think.
>
> I bought an old note-pc, NEC Lavie M LM500/3.
> Manufactured in 2002.
> It has an network controller named "82551QM Fast Ethernet Controller".
> By that machine,
> I cannot connect network on targeted enforcing mode.
> eth0 rises up OK, but ping not reacheable.
> On disabled, yes.
> So, I thought it's a SELinux problem.
> No denied messages, so I have no clues.
> Not yet done enableaudit everything.
> I tried to install Intel driver but failed,
> echoed messages something like,
> no such file config.h...

My only thought is are you looking in the right place?  denials may be
in /var/log/messages or in /var/log/audit/audit.log depending if the
audit subsystem is on.  What version of Fedora are you running?

/me bets on some mislabeled files from when you ran with selinux off,
but if you can find those denials that would help.

-Eric