Labelling a new port

Forrest Taylor ftaylor at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 18:51:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 12:43 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Hello, all:
>
> I'm trying to write a policy for memcached, but I'm not sure how I'd
> declare a new memcached_port_t (11211/tcp). Any pointers?

First, you need to build a module and load it into the policy:

Create a file in /root called memcached that contains the following:

module memcached 1.0.0;

require {
        attribute port_type;
};

type memcache_port_t, port_type;

Build it and load it:
cd /root
make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile
(if that file doesn't exist, install the selinux-policy-devel package)

semodule -i memcached.pp

Second, use semanage to associate the port with the new port name:

semanage port -a -t memcache_port_t -p tcp 11211

Forrest