spamc / spamd communication problem

Bob Richmond bob at lorez.org
Tue Dec 2 17:05:38 UTC 2008

I'm trying to make spamd listen on a unix domain socket, and let spamc
connect to it. The question is, I can't figure out the intended
destination for the spamd socket file (as specified via --socketpath
passed to spamd and -U to spamc). I see that spamc_t has permission to
connect to a socket with a type of spamd_tmp_t, but there doesn't appear
to be an fc rule for where a new socket file would inherit that type.

It makes sense to me that the socket file should exist in
/var/run/spamassassin/spamd.sock to be consistent, but
/var/run/spamassassin has a type of spamd_var_run_t, where spamc has no
permission to connect to a sock_file under. Any help?

I'm running F10, policy version selinux-policy-targeted-3.5.13-18.fc10.

Thanks!