su user -c problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jan 6 15:33:27 UTC 2008

Greetings;

For years, I have been starting fetchmail as a background daemon by having the
line:
su user -c "fetchmail -d etc etc" in my rc.local script.

Forced to re-install because something wiped the partition table on my boot
drive, I installed F8 and I believe its was uptodate as of last night.

But, its not running anymore via that procedure, and setroubleshoot's gui will
display that it was denied at the time of the boot.

It still works perfectly if I cut/paste that line into a root shell after I'm
logged in.

How can I address this?

I've also bz'd it.

--