[RFC] Livecd-creator and selinux, we can play nice

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 29 12:41:31 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 16:11 -0400, Eric Paris wrote:
>>> My concern is this is a normal occurence (needing a chroot)
>> Yes and no....
>
> sure looks like we'd need to make sure:
>
> yum, mock and rpm all know how to set this up given how it would impact
> chroot creation.

If we do so, then we should also make sure that all do things
consistently wrt /dev for creating a chroot as well.  And /proc and
/sys.  The reality is that the different applications do have a somewhat
different idea of what they need/want out of their chroots and do things
(or don't) accordingly.

> We may want to drop this back to the lowest level chroot creation.

Which isn't to say that we might not decide down the road to push it
down the stack, but I don't know that livecd-creator is a bad place in
the short to medium term as Eric continues looking at SELinux and chroot
interactions (Right Eric? :-)

Jeremy