SELinux - back to basics

Scott Radvan sradvan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 05:23:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:05:53 +0800
adrian golding <adriangolding at gmail.com> wrote:

> To refine my questions in the earlier email:

> 3) i am assuming ports 137-139 and 445 are labelled smbd_port_t, but
> where can i find this assignment in the policy? i am currently using
> apol.

I don't have the knowledge required to answer all of your questions -
in fact, I also would like to hear what some of the more informed
members on this list think about what you've raised.

But, to find the ports for smbd_port_t, you can do as root:

semanage port -l | grep smbd

Cheers,

--
Scott Radvan
Content Author, Platform (Installation and Deployment)

"Stop assuming that systems are secure unless demonstrated insecure;
start assuming that systems are insecure unless designed securely."
	- Bruce Schneier