Usage of /usr/share/selinux/packages

KaiGai Kohei kaigai at kaigai.gr.jp
Tue Jun 2 11:48:54 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 06/01/2009 07:44 PM, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> In the latest selinux-policy package, I could find an empty directory
>> at /usr/share/selinux/packages .
>>
>> What is the purpose? Is it intended to store policy packages installed
>> by other RPMs (such as mod_selinux)?
>>
>> Thanks,
> Yes the idea was to provide a location for third parties to put their PP
> files.

Hmm... Now, I provide two types of policy packages (targeted and mls).
Do you have any guideline to deploy these files?

For example, the mod_selinux installs its policy modules at:
  /usr/share/selinux/targeted/mod_selinux.pp
    and
  /usr/share/selinux/mls/mod_selinux.pp

If we put them on a single directory, it conflicts due to the name.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai at kaigai.gr.jp>