http AVC

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Dec 2 19:50:04 UTC 2010

Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Thursday 02 December 2010 19:34:01 m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Tony Molloy wrote:
>> > On Thursday 02 December 2010 19:07:33 Dominick Grift wrote:
>> <MVNCH>

>> > A user yes, a student no ;-)
>> >
>> > No, most of these students are computer music or digital media
>> > students who are basically Windows or Mac users who have minimal Linux
>> > experience.
>>
>> Urk! You mean, threat level Dayglo Red for infection, trojan, and all
>> other attacks!
>
> Well most of them wouldn't really be up to anything but we do keep an
> extra sharp eye on that server. One of the reasons I want to have SELinux
> enabled on it.

It isn't that they are up to something, but they, like kids I've known
(and know) think they know what they're doing, and are carrying all sorts
of mean and nasty stuff on their thumb drives, on their own machines that
they're d/l to the linux boxen, etc.

            mark
--
The *full* quote is, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing: drink
deeply, or not at all."