avc: smartcard token login

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 5 20:59:05 UTC 2010

> Do any other login programs need this as well? i am thinking of gdm,
> sshd etc.

Yes and No. 'Simple' or stripped-down systems (or system which use
'common' smartcards and do not need anything in addition to openct) do
away without much else apart from OpenCT.

On my other machine I use pscs (or PS/CS as it is known) and I do not
get these errors when I log in either via console or gdm (there is
special smartcard-plugin which comes with gdm for example), but then I
have two additional services loaded on that machine, which handle this -
eventcard_mgr and openct-pcsc (a bridge between openct and pscs).

With some obscure smartcards pscs is also needed.