Denied for com='ps' name='stat' {open} {read} {search}

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:15:09 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 09:06 PM, Frank Licea wrote:
> I just realised that the server is using a Ruby Enterprise edition
> installation. Which means that
> the ruby installation was downloaded as a .tar file and installed using an
> install script to the path /opt/ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2010.02/
>
> Thus everything in my $RUBY_HOME/bin is labelled system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

you could try labelling "ApplicationPoolServerExecutable"
passenger_exec_t but to be honest i do not think this will be enough ( i
dont think the policy supports the enterprise edition) This may also
explain the /proc issue. Who know what other "features" the enterprise
edition supports.

So i guess you find yourself in a bit of a sticky situation here.
You could write policy for your enterprise edition yourself. After all
Selinux is a framework that allows you to do so, but you will have to
know a bit about the matter to be able to implement it, just like one
needs to know a bit about netfilter and iptables to open or forward some
network port.

I want to help you implement a policy but it isnt easy for me either as
i havent much experience with ruby on rails and its files.

Can you enclose a list with all the file locations included with you
passenger enterprise package?

selinux at lists.fedoraproject.org