razor policy

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:00:27 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 11:29 PM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

>>> It depends, When all is right then files in Home get created with the
>>> proper contexts by means of "type transitions" basically rules.
>>>
>>> example:
>>>
>>> if a process with type pyzor_t creates a file in a directory with type
>>> user_home_dir_t then "type transition" from user_home_dir_t to pyzor_home_t.
>>>
>>> But in gnome-session there is also restorecond -u watching contexts in home.
>>>
>>> Basically it compares contexts in home with whats defined in semanage
>>> fcontext (or homedir.template) and resets contexts accordingly. (this is
>>> some hack to ensure that user home dir content is labelled properly)
>>
>> That was my question, how do you define it in semanage fcontext?
>> I see explicit references to /root/ home, but what about users home?
>> Some sort of keyword/macro?
>

> I can see this in pyzor.fc
>
> HOME_DIR/\.pyzor(/.*)?		gen_context(system_u:object_r:pyzor_home_t,s0)
> HOME_DIR/\.spamd(/.*)?		gen_context(system_u:object_r:pyzor_home_t,s0)
>

> But you won't find anything like this in semanage fcontext -l output. A bug?

No, home directory contexts are handled a bit different. theres a file
in /etc/selinux/*/contexts.* called homedir.contexts (or similar) with
home directory contexts instead which gets recreated each time you build
the policy. i think its a relic of the past when we used user role
prefix to prefix our user home types. Nowadays its useful for user based
access control i guess.